Why Choose Broomlee?
Located 14 miles south of Edinburgh, Broomlee Centre still retains a truly rural atmosphere. Set within more than 30 acres of grounds at the foot of the Pentland Hills, the Centre offers a broad programme of activities to all visiting groups which include schools, youth groups, special needs, university, corporate and large events with more than 800 participants.
Broomlee is a great base for walking trails in the Pentlands or mountain biking at Glentress. Bike washing facilities and secure bike storage can be arranged.
- Broomlee Centre has seven cedar wood accommodation buildings with versatile layouts to suit all group sizes. Single, twin, three, four and eight bedded rooms are available. En suite accommodation for teachers and leaders within each block allows for easier supervision of groups.
- Each accommodation building has a multi purpose room attached which can be used as music sectional space, meeting rooms, classrooms and games rooms. There is a private staff room with real fire available and large multi purpose hall with stage and seating for up to 200.
- Broomlee has a number of self-catering units available for those smaller groups who prefer to cook for themselves.
- The Centre has a dedicated barbecue area, popular in the summer months.
Out & About
- Broomlee lies on the outskirts of the beautiful conservation village of West Linton.
- Village facilities include a post office, newsagents, bank, chemist, doctor’s surgery and eateries. A regular bus service connects to Edinburgh.
- West Linton is an excellent base for hill walking with trails to the Pentlands in the north and the border hills in the south.
- Within easy reach of Biggar Puppet Theatre, Home of the Inernational Purves Puppets